Marketing and Engagement Manager
The American Jazz Museum in Kansas City is dedicated to celebrating and exhibiting the experience of jazz as an original American art form through performance, education, exhibitions, and research at one of the country’s jazz crossroads – 18th & Vine. The Marketing and Engagement Manager will join the American Jazz Museum team at a very exciting time! With a newly refreshed brand and an upcoming website rebuild, this team member will be critical in helping to enhance and grow the AJM brand. The Marketing and Engagement Manager will be a solid leader, clear communicator, and possess great analytical skills. The ideal candidate should know how to apply data analytics to personalize and optimize content.
- Lead marketing strategies that drive museum visitor, donor, and member engagement, with a special emphasis on digital engagement
- Build an annual content strategy that drives high engagement with AJM’s visitors, donors, and members
- In conjunction with the AJM Strategic Plan, develop and deliver strategic marketing campaigns including SEO/SEM, email, social media, and online advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with AJM program staff to create concepts and collateral for all events, performances, programs, and exhibitions
- Assist a website migration process to improve the design, user experience, traffic, and content of the AJM website
- Monitor and analyze digital engagement metrics to measure and improve content strategy
- Oversee partnerships with external contractors for graphic design, video production, and related digital efforts
- Assist in leading, coaching, mentoring, and managing the External Affairs & Communications department's support staff.
- Use advanced metrics to measure and improve engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related
- Three -five years in profession with demonstrated success required
- Must have strong knowledge in all areas of digital/online marketing and be able to successfully implement engagement strategies
- Demonstrated success leading content marketing campaigns
- Strong Google Analytics, social media analytics, and Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience managing Webflow or similar CMS platform.
- Experience navigating Project Management or Event/Programming softwarE
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
The American Jazz Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic to the extent protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy against harassment or discrimination extends to coworkers, contractors, vendors, and customers.
AJM also has a strict no-retaliation policy. AJM prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or discrimination, or who participate in investigations into such conduct. Violations of any of these policies could lead to disciplinary action.