ACCOUNTING / OFFICE ASSISTANT
About the Position
The Accounting / Office Assistant position is responsible for process accounting transactions, assist with database management and support daily office activities & needs.
This is a full-time position with forty (40) hours per week. The workweek will be Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and the individual hired must be Bondable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following duties are normal for this position.
- Process invoices and verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Review requisitions for satisfactory payment approval and process check requests
- Audit and process credit card charges
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist in providing support for the Altru Database and integration with Quickbooks
- Provide daily office support including but not limited to ordering office supplies, etc.
- Assist with other special duties or assigned projects as needed
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma. College courses in accounting preferred.
- Two (2) years or more of accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Quickbooks, Databases
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, documentation, and data analysis
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Compensation Range: Mid to high $30’s annually
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Click here to apply