April is Jazz Appreciation Month. Here are some ways to celebrate it with your family at the American Jazz Museum. These ideas are adapted from Smithsonian Jazz’s 112 Ways to Celebrate Jazz.
• Take your son or daughter to hear live jazz at the Blue Room Jazz Club.
• Attend our special 18th & Vine Jazz Festival Jammin’ at the Gem concert with Eric Harland and Voyager on April 20 at 8 p.m.
• Visit the American Jazz Museum andcheck out Beyond Words: A Fusion of Poetry + Visual Art + Jazz on exhibit in the Museum’s Changing Gallery through April 26!
• Attend Jazz Storytelling with your child on Friday, April 5 at 10 a.m. (ages 2-7).
• Encourage your high schooler to share a poem at Jazz Poetry Jams. On Tuesday, April 16 at 7 p.m., Jazz Poetry Jams will feature poet Douglas Kearney.
• For more great ideas for parents and more, check out “112 Ways to Celebrate Jazz.”